A cookie is a small text file stored on your computer and contains information. Cookies are normally used to improve the website for visitors. There are two common types:
- The first is called a persistent cookie and creates a file on your computer during a defined time period. Among other things it is used to make it easier for the visitor to use the website according to his or her preferences and interests.
- The other type is called a session cookie. While the visitor browses the website a file is stored temporarily on your computer. Session cookies are deleted when the user closes their browser window. No personal information such as email or name is stored.
Both cookies are used on the Business Region Skåne websites (Businessregionskane.com, Investinskane.com, Tourisminskane.com, Eventinskane.com, Filmiskane.se). Our purpose is to gain insight into visitor behaviour with a goal to improve structure, navigation and content. Next chapter describes which cookies Business Region Skåne are using.
As a visitor, you have various options to control which cookies are placed on your computer:
- With the help of our BRS cookie banner - in the form of a customized pop-up that appears in the header when you visit the site - you can immediately turn off the cookies we use for analysis and behavioral tracking. Through this option, however, we will still place basic cookies on your computer, as we believe that these are relevant for the site to function properly.
- If you do not want us to place any type of cookie on your computer at all, you can turn off all cookies via your browser's security settings. You can also set the browser so that you receive a warning every time the website tries to place a cookie on your computer. Alternatively, you can temporarily clear the files during a specific session.
General information about cookies and the new Electronic Communications Act are available on the PTS website.
Cookies on Business Region Skånes websites
Following are names and descriptions of cookies which are downloaded to your browser and computer when you browse our websites:
1. Analytics and statistics
Following cookies are used to gain better insight of visitor behaviour on our webistes. The purpose is to improve usability, technical functionality, SEO and accessibility on our sites.
- _hjAbsoluteSessionInProgress, _hjFirstSeen, _hjid, __hjIncludedInPageviewSample och _hjShownFeedbackMessage – is utilized by our Analytics tool Hotjar to generade analytical data through forms and feedback widgets with the purpose to collect insights and suggestions of improvements from our users.
- nmstat – This cookie is used to by our web tool Siteimprove to help remember the browser's use of the website. It is used to collect statistics about site usage such as when the browser last visited the site. This information is then used to evaluate and improve the way the website is used. Siteimprove is a diagnostics tool to help us improve technical aspects of our websites such as broken links, SEO and accessibility.
No to web statistics?
If you do not wish your visit on our website to appear or be processed in our analytical tools, please select the opt-out option in our pop-up, available in the page header of this website.